- AER-37 (CRA-1) (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- FceRIa, FceRI-a, FceRI-alpha, FceRI alpha, high affinity IgE receptor
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
High affinity IgE receptor (FcεRI) plays a key role in IgE-mediated allergic immune response. FcεRI is a tetrameric receptor complex, which is composed of one α-subunit (FcεRIα), one β-subunit, and two γ-subunits. FcεRIα directly binds IgE with high affinity, while the β- and γ-chains are responsible for mediating intracellular signals. FcεRIα is a 50 kD transmembrane protein with Ig superfamily structure. It is primarily found on mast cells and basophils. Further studies have indicated that FcεRIα is also expressed on many inflammatory cells including cutaneuos Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, monocytes of patients with allergic disorders, platelets, bronchial epithelial cells, eosinophils produced in hypereosinophilic syndrome, and neutrophils from allergy-induced asthma patients.Product Details
- Human, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Activ - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood . It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone AER-37 (CRA-1) has been reported to bind the receptor even in the presence of IgE.4
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yamaguchi M, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5455.
- Suzukawa M, et al. 2005. Int. Immunol. 17:1249.
- Charles N, et al. 2010. Nat. Med. 16:701. (FC) PubMed
- Yamaguchi M, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5455.
AB_1227647 (BioLegend Cat. No. 334604)
- Ig superfamily, 50 kD
Mast cells, basophils, cutaneuos Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, and monocytes from the patients with allergic disorders, platelets, bronchial epithelial cells, eosinophils from hypereosinophilic syndrome, neutrophils from allergic asthmatic patients
- Bind IgE, trigger IgE-mediated allergic response
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- Basophils, Dendritic cells, Eosinophils, Langerhans cells, Mast cells, Monocytes, Neutrophils
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Fc Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Riske F, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:11245
2. Gounni AS, et al. 2001. FASEB J. 15:940.
3. Maurer D, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 157:607
4. Maurer d, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:745
5. Campbell AM, et al. 1998. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 19:92.
- Gene ID
- 2205 View all products for this Gene ID 2205 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Fc epsilon RI alpha on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.