- HCD54 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- ICAM-1, Ly-47
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD54 is a 85-110 kD type I transmembrane protein also known as ICAM-1. It is expressed on activated endothelial cells, high endothelial venules, T and B cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, and dendritic cells. The expression of ICAM-1 on the cell surface is potently upregulated by activation; a soluble form of ICAM-1 can be released from the cell surface. CD54 plays a role in cellular adhesion and is involved in inflammation and leukocyte extravasation. CD54 has also been shown to be the major cellular receptor for rhinovirus. ICAM-1 binds to CD11a/CD18 (LFA-1), CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1), CD11c/CD18 (p150, 95) as well as hyaluronan and fibrinogen.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IF - Validated
Block - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of lymphoctes interaction1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 322704).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Evans HG, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 106:6232. (Block) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_535975 (BioLegend Cat. No. 322703)
AB_535976 (BioLegend Cat. No. 322704)
- Type I membrane protein, Ig superfamily, 85-110 kD
- Activated endothelial cells, high endothelial venules, T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells. Cell surface expression upregulated upon activation; soluble ICAM-1 released from surface.
- Cellular adhesion, involved in inflammation and immune reactions. CD54 expressed on endothelial cells in areas of inflammation plays a role in leukocyte extravasation. Major cellular receptor for rhinovirus.
- Ligand Receptor
- CD11a/CD18 (LFA-1), CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1), CD11c/CD18 (p150, 95) and has also been reported to bind hyaluronan and fibrinogen
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, T cells, B cells, Monocytes, Macrophages, Granulocytes, Dendritic cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Voraberger G, et al.. 1991 J. Immunol. 147:2777.
2. Staunton DE, et al.. 1988. Cell 52:925.
3. Greve JM, et al.. 1989. Cell 56:839.
- Gene ID
- 3383 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD54 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.