- MIH26 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- BTLA, B and T lymphocyte attenuator
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
B and T lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) is an Ig superfamily coinhibitory receptor with structural similarity to programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) and CTLA-4. BTLA is expressed on B cells, T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, NKT cells, and NK cells. Engagement of BTLA by its ligand Herpes Virus Entry Mediator (HVEM) is critical for negatively regulating immune response. The absence of BTLA with HVEM inhibitory interactions leads to increased experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis severity, enhanced rejection of partially mismatched allografts, an increased CD8+ memory T cell population, increased severity of colitis, and reduced effectiveness of T regulatory cells. BTLA plays an important role in the induction of peripheral tolerance of both CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in vivo. Tolerant T cells have significant up-regulated expression of BTLA compared with effector and naïve T cells. BTLA may cooperate with CTLA-4 and PD-1 to control T cell tolerance and autoimmunity. It has been reported that BTLA may regulate T cell function through binding to B7-H4.Product Details
- Human, African Green
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human BTLA transfected cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
Agonist - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: inhibition of T cell proliferation and cytokine production1. Clone MIH26 has agonistic activity on BTLA, resulting in the inhibition of activation.
The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for use in in vitro and in vivo biofunctional assays.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Otsuki N, et al. 2006. Biochem. Bioph. Res. Co. 344:1121.
- Okano M, et al. 2008. Clin. Exp. Allergy 38:1891.
AB_2043948 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344503)
AB_2043947 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344504)
- Ig superfamily, with similar structure to CTLA-4 and PD-1
B cells and T lymphocytes, NK cells and dendritic cells
- Negative regulation of T cell activation, proliferation and cytokine production
- Ligand Receptor
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Watanabe N, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:670.
2. Sun Y, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:1946.
3. Gonzalez LC, et al. 2005. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 102:1116.
- Gene ID
- 151888 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD272 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.