- H44 (See other available formats)
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- IL-18 receptor alpha chain, IL-18 receptor 1, IL-18 receptor related protein, CDw218a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-18 receptor is composed of an α and a β subunit that combine to form a high affinity receptor for IL-18. IL-18 receptor α chain, also known as CDw218a, is a 75-80 kD type I transmembrane protein. It is expressed on NK cells, neutrophils, endothelial cells, and subsets of T and B cells. The expression of CDw218a on lymphocytes is upregulated after activation. The interaction of IL-18 and IL-18 receptor has been reported to be implicated in promotion of Th1 cytokine production and atherogenesis.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human NK cell line NK0 constitutively expressing IL-18 receptors
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.1 EU/µg of the protein (<0.01 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The H44 antibody is specific for IL-18 receptor α chain. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections and neutralization1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kitasato Y, et al. 2004. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 31:619. (IHC)
- Vermot-Desroches C, et al. 2005. Cell Immunol. 236:101. (FC)
AB_345310 (BioLegend Cat. No. 313802)
- Type I membrane protein, IL-1 receptor family, approximately 75-80 kD
Expressed on NK cells and neutrophils, IL-12 activated T and B cells, endothelial cells, and smooth muscle cells; highly expressed on Hodgkin's disease cell lines
- Binds IL-18 with low affinity; high affinity binding site formed with IL-18Rβ
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Torigoe K, et al. 1997. J. Biol. Chem. 272:25737.
2. Gerdes N, et al. 2002. J. Exp. Med. 195:245.
3. Airoldi I, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:6880.
- Gene ID
- 8809 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD218a on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this LEAF™/Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.