- Poly9059 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 5, CK-5, 58 kD cytokeratin, type-II keratin Kb5, epidermolysis bullosa simplex 2 Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types, keratin 5 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types), krt5
Covance Catalog# SIG-3475
- Chicken IgY
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
- Intended Use
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The polyclonal antibody Poly9059 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of Keratin 5. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monospecific polyclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the mouse keratin 5 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.1% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by IgY affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:200 -1:1,000 with a biotin based detection system such as biotinylated anti-chicken immunoglobulin and USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Positive Control tissue: Human skin, mouse skin
Tissue Sections: Paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Sodium Citrate H.I.E.R Retrieval solution (Cat. No. 928502, 928602).
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yuspa SH, Kilkenny AD, Steinert PM, Roop DR. Expression of murine epidermal differentiation markers is tightly regulated by restricted extracellular calcium concentrations in-vitro. J Cell Biol 109:1207-1217, 1989.
- Roop DR, Cheng CK, Titterington L, Meyers CA, Stanley JR, Steinert PM, Yuspa SH. Synthetic peptides corresponding to keratin subunits elicit highly specific antibodies. J Biol Chem 259:8037-8040, 1984.
- Product Citations
AB_2565054 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905901)
- Does BioLegend manufacture antibodies at GMP grade?
BioLegend antibodies and reagents that carry the IVD or ASR designation are manufactured in a registered GMP facility, while our other products are manufactured under ISO 13485 certification. Both environments provide high quality products. To learn more about our quality standards visit our Quality Control page at: https://www.biolegend.com/QC.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.