- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-31, IL31 Precoated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Interleukin 31 (IL-31) is a newly identified member of the gp130/IL-6 cytokine family that is composed of 144 amino acid and has molecular mass of 16 kD. IL-31 is produced mainly by T helper type 2 cells. The mature form of the protein contains a four-helix structure. Human IL-31 shares 31% amino acid sequence identity with mouse IL-31.
The BioLegend ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set is a sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA). A human IL-31 specific goat polyclonal antibody is first coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are added to the wells, and IL-31 binds to the immobilized capture antibody. Next, a biotinylated goat polyclonal anti-human IL-31 detection antibody is added, producing an antibody-antigen-antibody “sandwich”. Avidin horseradish peroxidase is subsequently added, followed by TMB Substrate Solution, producing a blue color in proportion to the concentration of IL-31 present in the sample. Finally, the Stop Solution changes the reaction color from blue to yellow, and the microwell absorbance is read at 450 nm with a microplate reader.
- Kit Contents
- Human IL-31 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human IL-31 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human IL-31 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution C
- Coating Buffer B (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Verified Reactivity
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 0.6 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 37.5-2,400 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4,
0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 μm
- Wash Buffer: BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended, or PBS +
- Stop Solution: BioLegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended, or acid
solution, e.g. 2N H2SO4
- Plate Sealers: BioLegend Cat. No. 423601 is recommended
- Deionized (DI) water
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 μL to 1 mL
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.