- SMI 91 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CNPase, Cnp-1, Cnp1, 2',3'-cyclic-nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
High CNPase expression is seen in myelin producing cells, including oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells. CNPase accounts for roughly 4% of the total myelin protein in the central nervous system (CNS). CNPase binds to tubulin heterodimers and plays a role in tubulin polymerization, and oligodendrocyte process outgrowth. The enzyme isolated from the mammalian brain is primarily a mixed dimer of approximately 94 kD. The dimer consists of a varied proportion of CNP1 (46 kD) and CNP2 (48 kD) subunits in various species. Since the enzyme is a myelin-associated enzyme, it is of considerable interest in the study of diseases and disorders in which myelin is affected, such as multiple sclerosis, subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, acquired immunodeficiency with CNS involvement, and peripheral neuropathies. The combination of clone SMI 91 with clone SMI 94 and/or clone SMI 99 is useful for immunocytochemical studies on the progression of normal and pathologic myelination.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10.0 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The reactivity of Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Myelin CNPase antibody was validated in FFPE mouse and rat brain tissue, and the HRP anti-Myelin CNPase antibody was validated in FFPE rat brain tissue.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections1 (IHC-F)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
AB_2728548 (BioLegend Cat. No. 836405)
AB_2728549 (BioLegend Cat. No. 836406)
- CNPase is a 421 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of approximately 48 kD.
Tissue distribution: Central and peripheral nervous systems.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, nucleus, mitochondria, cytosol, and plasma membrane.
- CNPase detects developing and adult myelin, and developing oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells. CNPase distinguishes oligodendrocytes from astrocytes, microglia, neurons, and other cells in brain sections.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Enzymes and Regulators
- Antigen References
- Han H, et al. 2013. Biofactors. 39(3):233.
- Raasakka A, et al. 2014. Neurosci Bull. 30(6):956.
- Gene ID
- 1267 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myelin CNPase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.