- 5E5-G5 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Histone H3.1, histone H3/a, histone 1, H3/a, H3 histone family, member A
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Histone H3 is a 17 kD nuclear protein that is a component of an octamer containing pairs of each of four core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, H4). The core histones create nucleosome structure of chromosomal fiber in eukaryotes and are dynamic in gene regulation. The histones exhibit cell cycle-dependent transcriptional regulation except for the variant H3.3 which is cell cycle-independent. Histone H3 can be modified by phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitination, ribosylation, and methylation. Histone H3 has been shown to interact with Rsk-2, MSK1, GCN5 family of HATs, HDACs, PARP, SET7/9, and CARM1.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide from Human Histone H3, di-methylated at Lysine-9.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.05 - 0.1 µg/mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 0.5 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Additional Product Notes
For IHC-P application, permeabilization with 0.25 % Triton X-100 is recommended.
AB_2820125 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815503)
AB_2820126 (BioLegend Cat. No. 815504)
- Expected MW: 17 kD
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Antigen References
- Murzina N, et al. 2008. Structure. 16:1077.
- Chen S, et al. 2015. Genes & Dev. 29:1326.
- Gene ID
- 8350 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H3 Dimethyl Lys9 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-Histone H3 Dimethyl (Lys9)||5E5-G5||WB, IHC-P|
|HRP anti-Histone H3 Dimethyl (Lys9)||5E5-G5||WB, IHC-P|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.