- W16108A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Flotillin 1, Flot-1, Integral Membrane Component of Caveolae
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The flotillin family is composed of two highly homologous proteins, flotillin-1 and flotillin-2 that share ~50% amino acid sequence similarity. Flotillins are ubiquitously expressed, membrane-associated proteins, and were shown to be associated with lipid microdomains called membrane rafts. Flotillins are present in various cellular compartments, including the plasma membrane and endosomes, and they have been suggested to function in cellular signaling and membrane trafficking processes, including endocytosis and endosomal trafficking.Product Details
- Human, Rat, and Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Flotillin-1 recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 1-270 expressed in E. coli.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.2 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone specifically recognizes Flotillin-1 but not Flotillin-2, validated using WB.
AB_2728577 (BioLegend Cat. No. 849803)
AB_2728578 (BioLegend Cat. No. 849804)
- Flotillin-1 is a 427 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 47 kD.
Tissue distribution: Flotillin-1 is ubiquitously expressed.
Cellular distribution: Flotillin-1 is mainly expressed in the cytosol and endosomes.
- Flotillins are thought to interact with the cytoskeleton and function in a number of cellular processes such as endocytosis.
- Flotillin-1 interacts with cbl-associated protein/ponsin (CAP).
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Antigen References
1. Otto G et al., 2011. Journal of Cell Science. 124: 3933.
- Gene ID
- 10211 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Flotillin-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.