- L86A/37 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Amphoterin-induced protein 1, alivin-2, amphoterin-induced gene and ORF
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Amphoterin-induced protein 1 (AMIGO-1) is a transmembrane protein containing six LRR domains and one Ig domain and is highly expressed in the mammalian nervous system. It promotes growth and fasciculation of neurites from cultured hippocampal neurons and may be involved in fasciculation as well as myelination of developing neural axons. AMIGO-1 may have a role in regeneration as well as neural plasticity in the adult nervous system.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 395-493 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of human AMIGO-1.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
IHC-P - Validated
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml.It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Additional Product Notes
The reactivity of HRP anti-AMIGO-1 antibody was validated in FFPE mouse and rat brain tissues.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mandikian D, et al. 2014. Comp Neurol. 522(15): 3555. (IHC-P)
AB_2734589 (BioLegend Cat. No. 822103)
AB_2734590 (BioLegend Cat. No. 822104)
- Amigo-1 has an apparent molecular weight ranging from 60-80 kD.
Tissue distribution: Nervous system<br>Cellular distribution: Plasma membrane
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Chen Y, et al. 2006. Brain Res Rev. 51(2):265.
- Gene ID
- 57463 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about AMIGO-1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.