- RMP1-14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Programmed Death-1, CD279, PD 1
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD279 is a 50-55 kD immunoglobulin superfamily member, also known as programmed death-1 (PD-1). PD-1 is expressed on a subset of CD4-CD8- thymocytes, and on activated T and B cells. PD-1 is thought to be involved in lymphocyte clonal selection and peripheral tolerance. The PD-1 ligands, PD-L1 (also known as B7-H1) and PD-L2 (B7-DC), are members of the B7 immunoglobulin superfamily. The RMP1-14 antibody has been reported to block the binding of PD-1 to its ligands (B7-H1 and B7-DC) and to inhibit T cell proliferation and cytokine production costimulated by macrophages (but not by dendritic cells and B cells).Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse PD-1 transfected BHK cells
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU/mg of the protein. (<0.01 pg/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The GoInVivo™ antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This GoInVivo™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC, WB, FA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
For in vivo and in vitro applications, we recommend to perform a pilot experiment to determine the optimal concentration to use for each particular experiment.
- Application Notes
GoInVivo™ products are guaranteed to be pathogen-free based on the IDEXX BioResearch IMPACT test via PCR. For a full listing of pathogens tested, visit the GoInVivo™ Webpage.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections1, Western blotting2,6, inhibition of macrophages (but not B cells and dendritic cells) costimulated T cell proliferation3,5, and blocking the binding of PD-1 to B7-H1 or B7-DC3,4,8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kanai, T., et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 171:4156. (FC, IHC)
- Personal Communication (WB)
- Yamazaki, T., et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:1586. (Costim)
- Matsumoto, K., et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:2530. (Block)
- Terrazas, L. I., et al. 2005. Intl. J. Parasitology. 35:1349. (Costim)
- Meng, Q., et al. 2006. Invest Opthalmol Vis Sci. 47:444. (FC, WB) PubMed
- Tsang JY, et al. 2011. Int Immunopharmacol. 11:604. PubMed
- Takamura S, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:4696. PubMed (Block)
- Product Citations
AB_2566278 (BioLegend Cat. No. 114114)
AB_2566279 (BioLegend Cat. No. 114115)
AB_2566280 (BioLegend Cat. No. 114116)
AB_2566089 (BioLegend Cat. No. 114111)
AB_2566090 (BioLegend Cat. No. 114112)
AB_2566091 (BioLegend Cat. No. 114113)
- Ig superfamily, 50-55 kD
Subset of double negative thymocytes, activated T and B cells
- Lymphocyte clonal selection, peripheral tolerance
- PD-L1 (B7-H1), PD-L2
- Cell Type
- B cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Immune Checkpoint Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook, Academic Press.
2. Agata Y, et al. 1996. Int. Immunol. 8:765.
3. Nishimura H, et al. 2001. Science 291:319.
4. Ishida Y, et al. 1992. EMBO J. 11:3887.
- Gene ID
- 18566 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD279 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse CD279 (PD-1)||RMP1-14||FC, IHC, WB, FA|
|LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD279 (PD-1)||RMP1-14||FC, IHC, WB, FA|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD279 (PD-1)||RMP1-14||FC, IHC, WB, FA|
|GoInVivo™ Purified anti-mouse CD279 (PD-1)||RMP1-14||FC, IHC, WB, FA|
|PE anti-mouse CD279 (PD-1)||RMP1-14||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.