- 1B1-B2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Histone H3.1, histone H3/a, histone 1, H3a, H3 histone family, member A, H3/A, H3FA
- Mouse IgG3
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Histone proteins are classified into core histones (H2A, H2B, H3, H4) and linker histones (H1, H5). Core histones form an octamer, which contains two H2A-H2B dimers and one H3-H4 tetramer. Core histones are predominantly globular except for the unstructured N-terminal tails. Posttranslational modifications, such as acetylation, methylation, phosphorylation, ubiquitination, SUMOylation and ADP-ribosylation occur in histone tails.
Histone modifications induce changes of chromatin structure and thereby affect the accessibility of transcription factors, nuclear proteins and enzymes to genomic DNA, resulting in gene activation or repression. It is known that histone modifications play critical roles in DNA repair, DNA replication, transcription regulation, alternative splicing and chromosome condensation and some diseases including autoimmune diseases and cancers.
- Human, Mouse, Rat, Drosophila
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monoclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminal domain of human Histone H3 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ChIP - Quality tested
IHC-P, WB - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ChIP Assay. The suggested dilution for ChIP application is 1:50-1:150 by volume. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution of 1:1000 is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.01 µg per ml (1:50000). It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Reactivity to Drosophila was only validated with the purified format.
- Additional Product Notes
25 µg and 100 µg of Go-ChIP-Grade™ Purified Antibody can be used for 2-7 or 10-30 immunoprecipitations, respectively, at the recommended dilutions.
AB_2650676 (BioLegend Cat. No. 819403)
AB_2650662 (BioLegend Cat. No. 819404)
- Histone proteins H3 and H4 bind to form a H3-H4 dimer, two of these H3-H4 dimers combine to form a tetramer. This tetramer further combines with two H2a-H2b dimers to form the compact Histone octamer core.
- Histones play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability.
- Rsk-2, MSK1, GCN5 family of HATs, HDACs, PARP, SET7/9, and CARM1.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Neuroscience, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Chen HM, et al. 2015. Epigenetics and Dermatology 409.
- Gene ID
- 8350 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Histone H3 (C-terminus) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.