- L17F12 (See other available formats)
- II T7
- Other Names
- Leu-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67, Leu1
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD5, also known as Leu-1, Ly-1 and T1, is a 67 kD single chain type I glycoprotein that is a member of the scavenger receptor superfamily. CD5 is expressed on T cells, thymocytes, B cell subsets, chronic B lymphocytic leukemia (B-Cells), and peripheral blood dendritic cells. CD5 modulates T and B cell receptor signaling, thymocyte maturation, and T-B cell interactions. One of its ligands is CD72.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated FITC and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats): immunoprecipitation1,3,4 and immmunohistochemical staining of frozen and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections2,3,5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- McAlister MS, et al. 1998. Protein Eng. 11:847. (IP)
- Butmarc JR, et al. 1998. Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 109:682. (IHC)
- Engleman EG, et al. 1981. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 78:1791. (IHC, IP)
- Ledbetter JA, et al. 1981. J. Exp. Med. 153:310. (FC, IP)
- Warnke R and Levy R. 1980. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 28:771. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2566247 (BioLegend Cat. No. 364021)
AB_2566248 (BioLegend Cat. No. 364022)
- Scavenger receptor superfamily, 67 kD
Thymocytes, T cells, and subsets of B and dendritic cells.
- Modulates TCR and BCR signaling, involved in thymocyte maturation and T-B cell interaction
- Cell Type
- Thymocytes, T cells, B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kipps T. 1989. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
2. Resnick D, et al. 1994. Trends Biochem. Sci. 1:5.
3. Wood GS and Freudenthal PS. 1992. Am. J. Pathol. 141:789.
- Gene ID
- 921 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.