|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. DyLight™ 649-conjugated Streptavidin is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of DyLight™ 649 by 654 nm laser light induces a fluorescence emission maximum of 670 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- Streptavidin is conjugated with DyLight™ 649 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IF - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
This streptavidin product is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the DyLight™ 649 conjugation. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-DyLight™ 649 is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of Streptavidin-DyLight™ 649 is 60 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations