- 2G10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- RNA pol sigma 70, rpoD, sigma D, RNA Polymerase
- Mouse IgG2b
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
RNA polymerase transcribes DNA to synthesize RNA. Prokaryotes contain a single RNA polymerase- core RNA polymerase. RNA polymerase sigma 70 (also known as RNA pol sigma 70 and rpoD) is a part of a family of sigma factor subunits that are required for specific promoter recognition and initiation. RNA pol sigma 70 is the major housekeeping sigma factor responsible for RNA polymerase recognition out of the majority of promoters necessary to transcribe bacterial genes which are expressed during expansion.Product Details
- E. coli, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycobacterium smegmatis, Staphylococcus aureus, Bordetella pertussis, Rhodobacter sphaeroides, Vibrio parahaemolyticus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Agrobacterium tumefaciens, Streptococcus faecalis, Arthrobacter globiformis
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:4000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
Previously item# WP004 from Neoclone.
Clone 2G10 is extremely useful for identifying the major sigma factor from a variety of bacteria. It does not react with Borellia burgdorferi. Clone 2G10 recognizes epitope 470-486.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: functional assay and immunoprecipitation.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Breyer MJ, et al. 1997. J. Bacterial 179:1404.
- Lesley SA, et al. 1989. J. Biol. Chem. 264:3794.
- Strickland MS, et al. 1988. Biochemistry 27:5755.
AB_2629596 (BioLegend Cat. No. 663205)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.