- C-11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Cytokeratin, Keratin
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cytokeratins are intermediate filament proteins that are widely expressed in many tissues. These proteins are vital components of the cytoskeleton and interact with a number of other proteins. Cytokeratins are usually found in the cytoplasm,although some cytokeratins can be found in the nucleus and the nucleolus.Product Details
- Recognizes human cytokeratin 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, and 18.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Keratin enriched fraction from human epidermoid carcinoma.
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000-1:4000. The optimal dilution should be determined by titration for each individual assay of interest.
25 µl and 100 µl of Direct-Blot™ HRP antibody can be used for approximately 5 and 20 Western blots, respectively, at the recommended concentration/dilution.
- Application Notes
The C-11 monoclonal antibody reacts with a conserved epitope of human cytokeratin 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 13, and 18. This antibody has been shown to be useful for Western blotting and has also been reported to be useful for immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry (paraffin sections), and immunocytochemistry.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kovarik J. 1988. Int. J. Cancer Suppl. 3:50.
- Bartek J, et al. 1991. J. Pathol. 164:215.
- Chernyavsky A I, 2007. J. Biol. Chem. doi:10.1074/jbc.M611365200. PubMed
- Comito G, et al. 2012. Cancer Lett. 324:31. PubMed
- Vojt-òsek B, et al. 1989. Folia Biol (Praha). 35:373. (reactivity with rat, dog, sheep, pig, cow)
- Dekaney CM, et al. 2005. Gastroenterology 129:1567. (ICC)
AB_2617030 (BioLegend Cat. No. 628609)
- Intermediate filament protein, contains three coiled-coil domains. Cytokeratins exist as heterotetramers composed of two type I and two type II keratin subunits
Cytokeratins are widely expressed proteins usually found in the cytoplasm although some cytokeratins can also be found in the nucleus and the nucleolus
- Intermediate filament protein involved with the cytoskeleton.
- Most cytokeratins interact with a number of other proteins such as 14-3-3, EGF receptor, and many others
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Gene ID
- 3875 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cytokeratin (pan reactive) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.