|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-Cy5 is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of Cy5 by 625-650 nm laser light induces a fluorescence emission maximum of 670 nm.Product Details
- Mouse, Human, Rat
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with Cy5 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Cy5.
- 0.5 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The streptavidin-Cy5 solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC, ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this Streptavidin-Cy5 is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the Cy5 conjugation. For immunofluorescent staining, the recommended use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl staining volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Cy® and CyDye® are registered trademarks of GE Healthcare.
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-Cy5 is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining, when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of streptavidin-Cy5 is 60 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
- Gene ID
- View information about Streptavidin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.