- RPA-T4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T114
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4, also known as T4, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4, a member of the Ig superfamily, recognizes antigens associated with MHC class II molecules, and participates in cell-cell interactions, thymic differentiation, and signal transduction. CD4 acts as a primary receptor for HIV, binding to HIV gp120. CD4 has also been shown to interact with IL-16.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 570™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 570™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 570 nm. The bandpass filter 585/42 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 570™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The RPA-T4 antibody binds to the D1 domain of CD4 (CDR1 and CDR3 epitopes) and can block HIV gp120 binding and inhibit syncytia formation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections3,4,5, blocking of T cell activation1,2, and spatial biology (IBEX)10,11. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 300569 - 300574).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York. (Activ)
- Moir S, et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:7972. (Activ)
- Deng MC, et al. 1995. Circulation 91:1647. (IHC)
- Friedman T, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5256. (IHC)
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Lan RY, et al. 2006. Hepatology 43:729.
- Zenaro E, et al. 2009. J. Leukoc. Biol. 86:1393. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10896788 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300533)
AB_2563791 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300534)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
T cell subset, majority of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages
- MHC class II co-receptor, lymphocyte adhesion, thymic differentiation, HIV receptor
- MHC class II molecules, HIV gp120, IL-16
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Center D, et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:476.
2. Gaubin M, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 34:723.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD4
CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit
CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit with Veri-Cells™ PBMC
TotalSeq™-A0072 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-B0072 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-C0072 anti-human CD4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD4
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-D0072 anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD4
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD4
PerCP anti-human CD4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD4
APC anti-human CD4
Biotin anti-human CD4
FITC anti-human CD4
PE anti-human CD4
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD4
Purified anti-human CD4
Purified anti-human CD4 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD4
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD4