- TRFK5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-5, Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), B cell growth factor-2 (BCGF-2), B cell differentiation factor for IgM (BCDF-m), IgA enhancing factor (IgA-EF), T-cell replacing factor-1 (TRF-1)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-5 is a homodimeric, disulphide-linked protein produced by T-cells. Monomeric human IL-5 is a 126 amino acid protein with a reported molecular weight of 26 kD for the homodimeric protein. Mouse and human IL-5 are approximately 70% identical. IL-5 has been shown to promote the growth of immature hematopoietic BFU-E progenitors, stimulate the activation and differentiation of eosinophils, and promote the generation of cytotoxic lymphocytes. Mouse IL-5 induces the differentiation and proliferation of pre-activated B-cells and stimulates the production and secretion of IgM and IgA by B-cells stimulated with bacterial endotoxin. The TRFK5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-5.Product Details
- Mouse, Human, Cross-Reactivity: Guinea Pig
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially-purified T cell clone supernatant
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA1,3,4 or ELISPOT2,6 Capture: The purified TRFK5 antibody is useful as a capture antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with biotinylated TRFK4 antibody (Cat. No. 504402) as the detection antibody for mouse IL-5, or used in conjunction with biotinylated JES1-5A10 antibody (Cat. No. 501002) as the detection antibody for human IL-5. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry: The fluorochrome-labeled TRFK51 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-5-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Neutralization1,9: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-5 bioactivity (Cat. Nos. 504313-504318).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections8 and paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections7, and immunocytochemistry.
Note: For testing human IL-5 in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430401 and 430404) are specially developed and recommended. For testing mouse IL-5 in serum, plasma or supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA MAX™ Sets (Cat. Nos. 431201 and 431206) are specially developed and recommended.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Klinman, D., et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.
- Swain, S., et al. 1990. J. Immunol. 145:3796.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Assenmacher, M., et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:1097.
- Karulin, A., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Fan, W. Y., et al. 2001. Exp. Biol. Med. 226:1045.
- Sitkauskiene, B., et al. 2005. Respir Res. 6:33.
- Product Citations
AB_2563161 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504311)
- Cytokine; dimer; 40-50 kD (Mammalian)
- Growth/differentiation of B cells, eosinophils; proliferation/cell activation/differentiation of eosinophilic granulocytes
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, eosinophils
- Cell Targets
- Eosinophils, B cells
- Heterodimer IL-5Rα (CD125); β-subunit (CDw131) in common with IL-3R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Takatsu, K., et al. 1988. Immunol. Rev. 102:107.
3. Takatsu, K. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:299.
4. Takatsu, K. 1991. Microbiol. Immunol. 35:593.
- Gene ID
- 16191 View all products for this Gene ID 3567 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-5 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.