- HM48-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- BCM1, SLAMF2, Blast-1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD48 is a 45 kD GPI-anchored glycoprotein also known as BCM1, Blast-1 (human), and OX-45 (rat). It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on T and B cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays a role in adhesion and T cell recognition. The primary ligands for CD48 are CD2 and CD244.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse T lymphoma MBL-2
- µl size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).µg size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- µg size: 0.2 mg/mLµL size: lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. For flow cytometric staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The HM48-1 antibody is useful for blocking in vitro and in vivo CD48 mediated interactions. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, costimulation of T cell proliferation1,2, blocking of CD48-CD2 interaction1, and inhibition of CTL activity and graft rejection1,2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 103452-103456) with a lower endotoxin limit (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kato K, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1241. (IP, Costim, Block)
- Qin L, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:341. (Costim, Block)
- Product Citations
AB_10895922 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103427)
AB_2650894 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103428)
- Ig superfamily, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages
- Adhesion, T cell recognition
- CD2, CD244
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Flament C, et al. 1996. Hum. Immunol. 46:82.
3. Van der Merwe PA, et al. 1995. Curr. Biol. 5:74.
4. Latchman Y, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:5809.
- Gene ID
- 12506 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD48 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
FITC anti-mouse CD48
PE anti-mouse CD48
Purified anti-mouse CD48
Biotin anti-mouse CD48
APC anti-mouse CD48
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD48
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD48
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD48
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD48
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD48
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD48
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD48
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD48
Purified anti-mouse CD48 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-mouse CD48
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD48
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD48
TotalSeq™-A0429 anti-mouse CD48
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-mouse CD48
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD48
TotalSeq™-B0429 anti-mouse CD48
TotalSeq™-C0429 anti-mouse CD48