- HIP8 (See other available formats)
- IV P38
- Other Names
- gpIIb, CD41a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD41 is a 125/25 kD α subunit of the gpIIb/IIIa (CD41/CD61) complex. CD41 is a heterodimer composed of a heavy chain (gpIIbα) and light chain (gpIIbβ) linked by a single disulfide bond. It is a member of the integrin family primarily expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes. CD41 has been reported to be involved with platelet aggregation and platelet attachment to the ECM. CD41/CD61 complex acts as the receptor for fibrinogen, fibronectin, Von Willebrand factor, and thrombin.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and blocking of platelet aggregation2. The HIP8 antibody has been reported to block the activation of platelets by various stimuli, including collagen, and ADP.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- McCarty OJT, et al. 2000. Blood 96:1789.
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Zhi L et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e79869. (IHC)
AB_2629626 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303729)
AB_2629627 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303730)
- Integrin family, α subunit of CD41/CD61 (GPIIb-IIIa) complex, 125/22 kD
- Platelet aggregation, platelet attachment to extracellular matrix
- Fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, thrombin
- Cell Type
- Megakaryocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Denzin L, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2153.
2. Denzin L, et al. 1995. Cell 82:155.
3. Riberdy J, et al. 1994. J. Cell Biol. 125:1225.
- Gene ID
- 3674 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD41 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.