- 5-271 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GPIIIb, GPIV
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD36 is an 85 kD integral membrane glycoprotein, also known as GPIIIb, or GPIV. It is expressed on various epithelial and endothelial cells as well as erythrocytes, platelets, macrophages/monocytes and some macrophage-derived dendritic cells. CD36 functions as a scavenger receptor, binding thrombospondin, long chain fatty acids, oxidized LDL, collagen type I, IV, and V as well as apoptotic cells. The 5-271 antibody has been reported to be useful for flow cytometry.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human platelets
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence2.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Stelner E, et al. 2006. J. Cell Sci. 119:459.
- Stewart DA, et al. 2012. Mol. Cancer Res. 10:727. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2814227 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336229)
AB_2814228 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336230)
- Integral membrane protein, CD36 family, single chain glycoprotein, 85-113 kD
Expressed in various epithelial and endothelial cells, erythrocytes, platelets, monocytes/ macrophages, some macrophage-derived dendritic cells
- Scavenger receptor for thrombospondin, long chain fatty acids, anionic phospholipids, oxidized LDL, collagen types I, IV and V. Involved in recognition and phagocytosis of apoptotic cells, cell adhesion.
- Thrombospondin, anionic phospholipids, oxidized LDL, collage types I, IV, and V
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Erythrocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Hogg N, et al. 1984. Immunology 53-753.
2. Greenwalt DE, et al. 1992. Blood 80:1105.
3. Armsesilla AL, et al.1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269:18985.
4. Endemann G, et al. 1993. J. Biol. Chem. 268:11811.
- Gene ID
- 948 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD36 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
|Purified anti-human CD36||5-271||FC, IHC-F, ICC|
|APC anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|FITC anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|PE anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD36 (Maxpar® Ready)||5-271||FC, CyTOF®|
|Biotin anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0407 anti-human CD36||5-271||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0407 anti-human CD36||5-271||PG|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD36||5-271||FC|
|TotalSeq™-B0407 anti-human CD36||5-271||PG|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD36 Antibody||5-271||FC|
|TotalSeq™-D0407 anti-human CD36||5-271||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD36
APC anti-human CD36
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD36
FITC anti-human CD36
PE anti-human CD36
Purified anti-human CD36 (Maxpar® Ready)
Biotin anti-human CD36
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD36
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD36
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD36
TotalSeq™-A0407 anti-human CD36
TotalSeq™-C0407 anti-human CD36
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD36
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD36
TotalSeq™-B0407 anti-human CD36
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD36 Antibody
TotalSeq™-D0407 anti-human CD36