- TUJ1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CDCBM, CDCBM1, CFEOM3, CFEOM3A, FEOM3, TUBB4, Tubulin beta-3 chain, tubulin beta-III, tubulin beta-4 chain, class III beta-tubulin
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Tubulin is the main component of microtubules. In adults, tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is primarily expressed in neurons and is commonly used as a neuronal marker. It plays an important role in neuronal cell proliferation and differentiation. Mutations in this gene cause congenital fibrosis of the type 3 extraocular muscles. Tubulin beta 3 (TUBB3) is also found in a wide range of tumors. Studies indicate that it is a predictive and prognostic marker in various tumors.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against microtubules derived from rat brain.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.5 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: flow cytometry4, immunofluorescence microscopy1-5,7, immunohistochemistry5,7, and Western blotting8.
This antibody is well characterized and highly reactive to neuron specific Class III β-tubulin (βIII). TUJ1 does not identify β-tubulin found in glial cells. TUJ1 recognizes an epitope located within the last 15 C-terminal residues8.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nishimura K, et al. 2017. PLoS One. 12(1): e0170568. (ICC)
- Jongbloets J, et al. 2017. Nat Commun. 8: 14666. (ICC) PubMed
- Liu W.J, et al. 2015. Eur J Histochem. 59(1): 2464. (ICC) PubMed
- Chintalapudi SR, et al. 2016. Front Aging Neursci. 8:93. (FC, ICC) PubMed
- Ambasudhan R, et al. 2011. Cell Stem Cell. 9(2):113. (IHC, ICC)
- Hu X., et al. 2006. Nature Neuroscicene. 9(12):1520. (WB) PubMed
- Zechner D., et al. 2003. Develop Biology. 258(2):406. (ICC, IHC)
- Lee MK, et al. 1990. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 18:7195. (WB)
AB_2721322 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801211)
AB_2721321 (BioLegend Cat. No. 801212)
- Tubulin β 3 is a 450 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~50 kD.
Tissue distribution: central and peripheral nervous system.
Cellular distribution: cytosol, cytoskeleton and nucleus.
- Tubulin β 3 is the major constituent of microtubules, and plays a critical role in proper axon guidance and maintenance.
- Alpha tubulin, kinesin and dynein.
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells, Mature Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Zhao X, et al. 2017. Med Sci Monit. 22: 3915.
2. Lebok P, et al. 2016. Oncol Lett. 11(3):1987.
3. Du J, et al. 2015. BMC Cancer. 15:536. PubMed
4. Rogue DM., et al. 2013. Clin Exp Metastasis. 31(1): 101.
5. Ploussard G, et al. 2010. Cancer Res. 70(22):9253. PubMed
- Gene ID
- 10381 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin β 3 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.