- A18073A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rab8, Rab8A
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Rab8 is a small GTP/GDP binding protein that belongs to the RAS superfamily. It is well established that Rab8 is an important participant of macroautophagy, and is essential for several apical transport pathways. Recruitment of Rab8a and TBK1 by the autophagy receptor optineurin initiates the autophagy process at specific protein aggregate site, which leads to the clearance of aggregated protein. Recent studies on C9ORF72, the gene that most commonly mutated in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Dementia (ALS-FTD), show that the C9ORF72/SMCR8/WDR41 complex acts as a GDP/GTP exchange factor for Rab8a, which facilitates the interaction between Rab8a and the autophagy receptor optineurin4.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human Rab8A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.2 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone cross-react with Rab8A and Rab8B.
AB_2820158 (BioLegend Cat. No. 865403)
AB_2820159 (BioLegend Cat. No. 865404)
- Rab8 is a 207 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~24 kD.
Tissue Distribution: ubiquitously expressed
Cellular Distribution: Plasma membrane, cytoskeleton, cytosol, Golgi Apparatus, and endosome.
- Rab8 is a GTPase that plays an important role in intracellular membrane trafficking.
- MICALL1, MICALL2, Optineurin, MAP4K2
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Dopaminergic Neurons, GABAergic Neurons, Glutamatergic Neurons, Mature Neurons, Microglia, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers, Cytoskeletal Proteins, Organelle Markers, Tumor Suppressors
- Antigen References
- Zhang X and Gao N. 2016. Small GTPases. 7:59
- Just WW and Peränen J. 2016. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1863:1006
- Ao X, et al. 2014. Cell Death Differ. 21(3):348
- Corbier C and Sellier C. 2017. Small GTPases. 8:181
- Gene ID
- 4218 View all products for this Gene ID 17274 View all products for this Gene ID 117103 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RAB8 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.