- W16034A (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rab7, Ras-Related Protein Rab-7a, Ras-Associated Protein RAB7
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Rab7, a small GTPase of the Rab family, plays multiple roles including vesicular transport, endocytic trafficking, and autophagy. Rab7 is associated with both the endosome and lysosome, and it facilitates endosomal maturation, transport from the late endosome to the lysosome, and positioning of the endosome and lysosome via regulating their movement along cytoskeleton. Consistently, mutations or dysfunctions of Rab7 result in traffic disorders, which cause various diseases, such as neuropathy, cancer and lipid metabolism disease. Rab7 also plays important roles in microbial pathogen infection and survival, as well as in participating in the life cycle of viruses.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full-length recombinant human Rab7A protein expressed in E. coli.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2721507 (BioLegend Cat. No. 850403)
AB_2721506 (BioLegend Cat. No. 850404)
- Rab7A is a 207 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 23 kD.
Tissue distribution: Rab7A is ubiquitously expressed.
Cellular distribution: Plasma membrane, cytosol, lysosome, endosome, and Golgi apparatus.
- Rab7A is involved in the endocytic pathway and autophagy.
- Rab7A interacts with RILP, Rab1A, Rab11A, and UBC.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Protein Trafficking and Clearance
- Molecular Family
- Autophagosome Markers
- Antigen References
1. Guerra F, Bucci C. 2016. Cells. 5(3).
- Gene ID
- 7879 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Rab7A on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.