- TW7-16B4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Latency Associated Peptide (LAP), Transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-b1), TGFB1, DPD1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Transforming growth factor beta (TGF-β) is a cytokine that has critical functions in the immune response by regulating Treg and Th17 cells. TGF-β is first synthesized as pro-TGF-β and then it is cleaved by furin proprotein convertase in the Golgi apparatus to produce the dimeric propeptides called latency-associate peptide (LAP) that non-covalently associates with the dimeric mature TGF-β to prevent its activity. This complex can further associate with latent-TGF-β-binding protein (LTBP) to produce a large latent form for deposition onto the extracellular matrix. The latent-TGF-β can be expressed on the membrane of activated Treg cells, immature dendritic cells, megakaryocytes, and platelets.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse Tgfb1-transduced P3U1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. A concentration of 0.125 µg/ml of the detection antibody was utilized to generate the example standard curve. It is recommended that each lot of reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone TW7-16B4 has been reported to not cross-react with bovine LAP.2 Several anti-LAP antibody clones have been compared and characterized for their LAP reactivity.2 TW7-16B4 recognizes recombinant LAP, latent TGF-β, and pro-TGF-β.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: Western blotting1 and immunoprecipitation1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Oida T, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e15523. (FC, IP, WB)
- Oida T, et al. 2011. PLoS One 6:e18365. (Neut)
AB_2563131 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141411)
AB_2563132 (BioLegend Cat. No. 141412)
- Dimmers of latency-associated peptide non-covalently associated with dimmers of mature TGF-β
- Many cell types, highly expressed on activated Tregs and platelets
- TGF-β controls cell differentiation, tissue morphogenesis, cell growth, inflammation, matrix synthesis, apoptosis, and regulates immune response
- TGF-β receptors
- Cell Type
- Tregs, Platelets, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Oida T, et al. 2010. PLoS One 5:e15523.
2. Tran D, et al. 2009. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106:13445.
3. Ochi H, et al. 2006. Nat. Med. 12:627.
4. Oida T, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:2516.
5. Nakamura K. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 194:629.
6. Miyazono K, et al. 1993. Growth Factors 8:11.
- Gene ID
- 21803 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about LAP on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Purified anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC, IP, WB|
|PE anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|APC anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
|Biotin anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||ELISA Detection|
|FITC anti-mouse LAP (TGF-β1)||TW7-16B4||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.