- 37.51 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Tp44, T44
- Syrian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD28 is a 44 kD glycoprotein, also known as Tp44 or T44. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on thymocytes, most peripheral T cells, and NK cells. In association with CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2), CD28 acts as the second signal for T and NK cell activation and proliferation. The 37.51 antibody has been reported to augment in vitro T cell proliferation and cytokine production, and promote CTL development.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syrian Hamster
- C57BL/6 mouse T-cell lymphoma EL-4
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, in vitro costimulation of T and NK cells1, in vitro blocking of allogeneic mixed leukocyte response and inhibition of MHC-unrestricted CTL cytotoxicity3,4, in vitro induction of thymocyte differentiation2,5-9,11, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 102112). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 102116) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
This product may be used for research purposes only. It is not licensed for resale and may only be used by the buyer. This product may not be used and is not licensed for clinical assays where the results of such assays are provided as a diagnostic service. If a diagnostic or therapeutic use is anticipated then a license must be requested from the University of California. The availability of such diagnostic and therapeutic use license(s) cannot be guaranteed from the University of California.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gross JA, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:380. (IP, Costim)
- Cibotti R, et al. 1997. Immunity 6:245. (Costim)
- Masten BJ, et al. 1997. Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 16:335. (Block)
- Nishio M, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 157:4347. (Block)
- Zhang N and He Y-W, 2005. J. Exp. Med. 202:395. (Costim)
- Terrazas LI, et al. 2005. Intl. J. Parasitology. 35:1349. (Costim)
- Perchonock CE, et al. 2006. Mol Cell Biol. 26(16):6005. (Costim)
- Wang W, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4885. (Costim)
- Pua HH, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:25. (Costim)
- Perchonock CE, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1768.
- Barbi J, et al. 2007. Blood 110:2215.
- Milpied P, et al. 2011. Blood 118:2993. PubMed
- Cunningham NR, et al. 2011. Int Immunol. 23:693. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_312868 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102103)
AB_312869 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102104)
- Ig superfamily, 44 kD
Thymocytes, CD4+, CD8+ peripheral T cells, NK cells
- Costimulates T and NK cells
- Ligand Receptor
- CD80 (B7-1), CD86 (B7-2)
- Cell Type
- Thymocytes, T cells, NK cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Lenschow DJ, et al. 1996. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 14:233.
3. Gross JA, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:380.
- Gene ID
- 12487 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.