- 281-2 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD138, a member of the syndecan protein family, is a type I integral membrane heparin sulfate proteoglycan also known as Syndecan-1. Syndecan-1 participates in cell proliferation, cell migration, and cell matrix adhesion via interaction with collagen, fibronectin, and other soluble molecules (such as FGF-basic). It is expressed on normal and malignant plasma cells, pre-B cells, mesenchymal cells, epithelial cells, and endothelial cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse mammary gland epithelial cell line NMuMG
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue3 and formalin-fixed paraffin embedded tissue4 and immunofluorescent staining2,3.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Jalkanen M, et al. 1985. J. Cell. Biol. 101:976. (FC)
- Miettinen H, et al. 1994. J. Cell. Sci. 107:1571. (IF)
- Li Q, et al. 2002. Cell 111:635. (IF, IHC)
- McCarthy BA, et al. 2012. BMC Cancer. 12:203. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2561980 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142511)
AB_2561981 (BioLegend Cat. No. 142512)
- Transmembrane heparan sulfate proteoglycan; member of the syndecan proteoglycan family, 100-200 kD
- Cell adhesion, cell motility, cell migration, cell proliferation
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zong F, et al. 2011. PLoS ONE 6:e14816.
2. Yamashita Y, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5940.
3. Sanderson RD, et al. 1989. Cell. Regul. 1:27.
- Gene ID
- 20969 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD138 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.