- BL23 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IL-17, IL-17AF, IL-17A/F, Interleukin 17A, Interleukin 17AF, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-17A is the founding member of the IL-17 family, a group of six structurally related pro-inflammatory cytokines. IL-17A, secreted by activated CD4+ Th17 cell subpopulation, elicits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, and PGE2 production in epithelial, endothelial or fibroblasts; the enhancement of surface expression of ICAM-1 in fibroblasts; activation of NF-κB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. Recent studies demonstrated that, in mice, activated IL-17-secreting CD4+ helper T cells (Th17 cells) mediate an autoimmune arthritis that clinically and immunologically resembles rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Human IL-17A shows 63%, 63% and 72% amino acid sequence identity to rat IL-17A, mouse IL-17A and a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpesvirus Saimiri (HVS), respectively.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Detection applications, a concentration range of 0.4 - 3.0 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-17A/F recombinant protein ranging from 10.94 to 700 pg/mL is recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Additional Product Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated BL23 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in an IL-17 A/F heterodimer sandwich ELISA assay when used in conjunction with purified Poly5166 (Cat No. 516601) as capture and recombinant human IL-17A/F (Cat No. 580609) as the standard.
AB_2783336 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512705)
- Cytokine; dimer
IL-17A is largely produced by activated memory T lymphocytes, CD4+ T helper cells (Th17), neutrophils, CD8(+), NK, and gamma-delta T cells (3).
- IL-17A is a potent regulator of granulopoiesis and neutrophil recruitment under normal and inflammatory conditions. Organ overexpression of IL-17A increases circulating neutrophil numbers and recruitment into the organs by induction of CXCL2, IL-1β, and G-CSF. Il-17A induces CXCL1, CXCL2, CXCL5, and CXCL8 in human epithelial cells. IL-17A also cooperates with TLR ligands, IL-1 beta, and TNF alpha to enhance inflammatory reactions and stimulate production of beta-defensins and other antimicrobial peptides (1, 2).
- IL-17AR is expressed in epithelial cells, fibroblasts, B and T lymphocytes, myelomonocytic cells, marrow stromal cells, synovial endothelial cells and chondrocytes from arthritic patients express IL-17R (4)
- IL-17A signals through a heteromeric receptor composed of IL-17RA and IL-17RC.
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- activated T cell subpopulation
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- Cell Type
- Neutrophils, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:41.
2. Furuzawa-Carballeda J, et al. 2007. Autoimmun Rev. 6:169.
3. Witowski J, et al. 2007. Kidney Int. 71:514.
4. Gaffen SL, et al. 2006. Vitam Horm. 74:255.
5. Hymowitz S, et al. 2001. EMBO J. 20:5332.
- Gene ID
- 3605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Purified anti-human IL-17A||BL23||ELISA Capture|
|Biotin anti-human IL-17A||BL23||ELISA Detection|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.