- 5.1H11 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Leu-19, NKH1, NCAM-1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD56 is a single transmembrane glycoprotein also known as NCAM (neural cell adhesion molecule), Leu-19, or NKH1. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. The 140 kD isoform is expressed on NK and NKT cells. CD56 is also expressed in the brain (cerebellum and cortex) and at neuromuscular junctions. Certain large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemias, small-cell lung carcinomas, neuronal derived tumors, myelomas, and myeloid leukemias also express CD56. CD56 plays a role in homophilic and heterophilic adhesion via binding to itself or heparan sulfate.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human myotube cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Walsh FS, et al. 1981. Nature 289:60. (FC)
- Pavlath GK, et al. 1986. J. Cell Biol. 102:124. (FC)
- Pavlath GK, et al. 1989. Nature 337:570. (FC)
- Pulido R, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:3851. (FC)
AB_2565652 (BioLegend Cat. No. 362535)
AB_2565653 (BioLegend Cat. No. 362536)
- Ig superfamily, single transmembrane or GPI-anchored glycoprotein
NK cells, T subset, neural tissue, some LGL and myeloid leukemias
- Heparan sulfate
- Antigen References
1. Lanier L, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:4421
2. Hemperly J, et al. 1990. J. Mol. Neurosci. 2:71
3. Cremer H, et al. 1994. Nature 367:455.
- Gene ID
- 4684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD56 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.