- 16B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HA epitope tag, HA1, HA2, hemagglutinin, Hemagglutinin HA1 chain, Hemagglutinin HA2 chain, YPYDVPDYA, Hemagglutinin tag
Covance Catalog# BIOT-101L
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
This second-generation HA antibody is an excellent substitute for the 12CA5 monoclonal antibody. HA.11 recognizes the influenza hemagglutinin epitope (YPYDVPDYA) which has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. The extreme specificity of the antibody allows unambiguous identification and quantitative analysis of the tagged protein. The HA.11 antibody recognizes HA epitopes located in the middle of protein sequences as well as at the N- or C-terminus.
This antibody was subsequently purified via a protein-G column and conjugated to biotin.
- YPYDVPDYA Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Monoclonal antibody HA.11 was raised against the twelve amino acid peptide, CYPYDVPDYASL.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 50% Glycerol + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Validated
IHC, Purification - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 µg per ml (1:10000 dilution). For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 1.0 μg/ml (1:1000-1:2000 dilution) is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:150 dilution. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunostaining, immunoblotting, and immunoprecipitation.
*Our Posi-Tag Control Protein (931301) can be used as a helpful positive control for this antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Helliwell SB, et al. 2001. J Cell Biol. 153:649.
- Bennett BD, et al. 2000. J Biol Chem. 275:37712.
- Kolodziej P, Young R. 1991. Meth Enzymol. 194:508.
- Field J, et al. 1988. Mol Cell Biol. 8:2159.
- Product Citations
AB_2565023 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901505)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about HA.11 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.