- TS1/8 (See other available formats)
- V S025
- Other Names
- LFA-2, T11, SRBC-R
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD2 is a 50 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as LFA-2, T11, and sheep red blood cell receptor (SRBC-R). This immunoglobulin superfamily member is expressed on thymocytes, T lymphocytes, NK cells, and thymic B cell subsets. The major ligand for CD2 is CD58 (also known as LFA-3). CD2 has also been reported to bind CD48, CD59, and CD15. CD2 plays a critical role in alternative T cell activation, T cell signaling, and cell-cell adhesion.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Fire™ 750 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC/Fire™ 750 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* APC/Fire™ 750 has a maximum excitation of 650 nm and a maximum emission of 787 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking of T cell activation, and partial blocking of B cell costimulation2. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 309212).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds.1995. Leucocyte Typing V Oxford University Press. New York.
- Hughes CCW, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:5369.
AB_2687216 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309221)
AB_2687217 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309222)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 50 kD
T cells, NK cells, thymocytes, and thymic B cell subsets
- T cell activation, adhesion
- CD58 (LFA-3), CD48, CD59, CD15
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Bell G, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:2805.
2. Bierer B, et al. 1989. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 7:579.
3. Moingeon P, et al. 1989. Immunol. Rev. 111:111.
- Gene ID
- 914 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.