- Syn 202 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Synuclein alpha-140, non-A4 component of amyloid, alpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140, non-A beta component of AD amyloid Parkinson disease (autosomal dominant, Lewy body) 4
Covance Catalog# MMS-529R
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Synucleins are small soluble proteins expressed primarily in neural tissues and in certain tumors. The family includes 3 known proteins, alpha synuclein, beta synuclein and gamma synuclein. All synucleins have in common a highly conserved alpha helical lipid binding motif with similarity to the class-A2 lipid binding domains of the exchangeable apolipoproteins. The alpha and beta synuclein proteins are found primarily in brain tissue, where they are seen mainly in pre-synaptic terminals. Alpha synuclein is believed to be a major component of Lewy bodies in Parkinson's disease. Mutations in alpha synuclein are associated with rare familial cases of early onset Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease and several other neurodegenerative illnesses.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Syn 202 was raised using recombinant alpha and beta synucleins and recognizes residues 130-140 in alpha and beta synuclein.
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
EM, ICC, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution range of 1:500-1:1000 is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution of this reagent is 1:500-1:1000. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunoprecipitation (IP), and immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections (IHC-P).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nibe K, et al. 2009. Vet. Pathol. 46(3):474-83. (IHC)
- Giasson BI, et al. 2000. J. Neurosci. Res. 59(4):528-33.
- Mazzulli JR, et. al. 2011. Cell 146:37. (WB)
- Giasson BI, et. al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:7619. (EM)
- Giasson BI, et. al. 2002. Neuron. 34:521. (ICC)
- Usenovic M, et. al. 2012. J. Neurosci. 32:4240. (WB) PubMed
- Morrison GJ, et. al. 2012. PLoS One 7:e43288. (IP)
- Knight AL, et. al. 2014. Cell Metab. 20:145. (WB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2734606 (BioLegend Cat. No. 836602)
AB_2565365 (BioLegend Cat. No. 836601)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 6622 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Synuclein-alpha/beta, 130-140 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.