- Poly28410 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- 160 kD Neurofilament Protein, Neurofilament Triplet M Protein, Neurofilament-3 (150 Kd Medium), Neurofilament, Medium Polypeptide 150kD
Covance Catalog# PRB-575C
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Neurofilaments can be defined as the intermediate or 10nm diameter filaments found in neuronal cells. They are composed a mixture of subunits which often includes the neurofilament triplet proteins, NF-L, NF-M and NF-H. Neurofilaments may also include peripherin, a-internexin, nestin and in some cases vimentin. Antibodies in the various neurofilament subunits are very useful cell type markers since the proteins are quite abundant, biochemically stable.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse, Cat, Chicken
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The immunogen was the extreme carboxyterminal region of rat NF-M, which was expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatograpy.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
IHC, WB, IF
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immnohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:500
• WB: 1:5,000-10,000*
• IF: 1:500-1,000
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue.
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Citrate Buffer Retrieval Solution (Cat. No. 928501, 928601).
Incubation: 20 minutes, room temperature.
Positive Control: Rat brain tissue
- Application Notes
This antiserum is effective in immunoblotting (WB) and immunofluorescence (IF).
* Predicted MW = 145-160 kD
The production and characterization of this antiserum similar to monoclonal NF-M clone 3H11.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Harris J, Ayyub C, Shaw G. A molecular dissection of the carboxyterminal tails of the major neurofilament subunits NF-M and NF-H. J. Neurosci. Res. 30:47-62, 1991.
AB_2565457 (BioLegend Cat. No. 841001)
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Gene ID
- 4741 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Neurofilament M (NF-M) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.