- Poly18419 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
Covance Catalog# PRB-570C
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Nestin, a class IV intermediate filament protein is expressed during early stages of development in the CNS and in myogenic tissues. Upon differentiation, nestin becomes down regulated and is replaced by other tissue specific intermediate filaments. Antibodies against nestin can be used as a predominant marker to describe stem and neural progenitor cells in the mammalian CNS.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The polyclonal nestin antibody was raised using a GST fusion protein.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
ICC, WB, IHC, IF
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:5,000*
• IHC: 1:200
• IF: 1:200
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunocytochemistry (ICC) and immunohistochemistry (IHC) applications.
*Predicted MW = 220-240 kD
Using this antiserum, nestin expression was detected in progenitor cells and in a small subset of neurons. In addition, nestin was also detected in cells that were in transition from a progenitor stage to glial differentiation.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Messam C, Hou J, Major E. Coexpression of nestin in neural and glial cells in the developing human CNS defined by a human-specific anti-nestin antibody. Exp. Neurol. 161:585-596, 2000.
- Ueno M, et al. 2006. PNAS. 103:9554.
- Nagase T, et al. 2009. Dev Dyn. 238:1118.
- Watanabe K, et al. 2007. Nat Biotechnol. 25:681.
- Sosunov A, Guilfoyle E, Wu X, McKhann G, Goldman J. Phenotypic Conversions of Protoplasmic" to "Reactive" Astrocytes in Alexander Disease. J. Neurosci.; 33: 7439 - 7450, Apr 2013. [IF] PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565468 (BioLegend Cat. No. 841901)
- Cell Type
- Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Intermediate Filaments
- Gene ID
- 10763 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Nestin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.