- Poly18406 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Microtubule-Associated Protein 2, Map-2
Covance Catalog# PRB-547C
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Microtubules are required for many well characterized functions in eukaryotic cells, including the movement of chromosomes in mitosis and meiosis, intracellular transport, establishment and maintenance of cellular morphology, cell growth, cell migration and morphogenesis in multicellular organisms. Microtubules are associated with a family of proteins called microtubule associated proteins (MAPs), which include the protein t (tau) and a group of proteins referred to as MAP1, MAP2, MAP3, MAP4 and MAP5. MAP2 is made up of two 280 kD apparent molecular weight bands referred to as MAP2a and MAP2b. A third lower molecular weight form, usually called MAP2c, corresponds to a pair of protein bands running at 70 kD on SDS-PAGE gels. All these MAP2 forms are derived from a single gene by alternate transcription.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- The MAP2 antibody was raised using bovine brain MAP2, electrophoretically purified from heat stable MAP fraction and recognizes mammalian MAP2.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody.
WB, IF, IHC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000*
• IF: 1:1,000
• IHC: 1:1,000 - 1:2,000
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed Paraffin-embedded tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining the sections should be treated with an antigen unmasking solution such as citrate buffer retrieval solution (928501, 928601).
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunofluorescence (IF) and immunohistochemistry (IHC).
Positive control: Mouse brain
The antibody will stain neuronal cell bodies and dendritic processes, and will not stain glial cells or axons. It is the best marker to distinguish dendrites from axons in the brain.
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- DeCamilli P, Miller P, Navone F, Theurkauf WE, Vallee RB. Distribution of microtubule-associated protein 2 in the nervous system of the rat studied by immunofluorescence. Neuro. 11(4): 817-846, 1984. (IHC)
- Bloom GS, Schoenfeld T, Vallee RB. Widespread distribution of the major polypeptide component of MAP 1 (Microtubule Associated Protein in the nervous system. J. Cell Biol. 98: 320 330, 1984. (IHC)
- Maschietto M, et al. 2013. Front Cell Neurosci. 25:7. (IF) PubMed
- La Via L,et al. 2013. Nucelic Acids Res. 41:617. (IF) PubMed
- Ji B, et al. Hum Mol Genet. 23:5683. (ICC) PubMed
- Fu X, et al. 2013. J Neurosci. 33:709.
- Product Citations
AB_2565455 (BioLegend Cat. No. 840601)
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.