- Poly19244 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
Covance Catalog# PRB-140C
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Involucrin serves as a marker for terminal differentiation of stratified squamous epithelia. The involucrin genes have diverged considerably through evolution and as a consequence antibodies specific for the human molecule do not detect the homologous mouse gene product.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This polyclonal antibody was generated against an 18 amino acid peptide (ELHLGKQQESHEPDMAED) predicted from the mouse involucrin gene sequence.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
IHC-P - Quality tested
WB - Verified
IHC-F, ICC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a dilution range of 1:500 - 1:1000 is suggested. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1:1000 - 1:5000 dilution. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wallace L, et al. 2012. J. Cell Sci. 125: 1750. (IHC-F, WB) PubMed
- Jennemann R, et al. 2012. 21: 586. (IHC-P, WB)
- Merritt AJ, et al. 2002. Mol Cell Biol. 22:5846. (IHC-P, WB)
- Lin AW, Lowe SW. 2001. PNAS. 98:5025. (IHC-F, WB, ICC)
- Djian P, et al. 2000. J Cell Biol. 151:F5. (ICC, WB, IHC-P) PubMed
- Li ER, et al. 2000. Exp Dermatol. 9:431. (WB)
- Bayo P, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 149: 1377. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565452 (BioLegend Cat. No. 924401)
- Predicted MW = ~68 kD, however bands ~78 kD are detectable depending on nature of source material (refer to Li ER et al paper below).
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Gene ID
- 16447 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Involucrin on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.