- 1RS1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Sigma 38, rpoS, appR, katF, nur, otsX, sigS, RNA Polymerase
NeoClone Catalog# W0009
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Sigma transcription factor controlling the regulation of genes is required for protection against external stresses. Possibly, it affects the expression of katE (catalase HPII), xthA (endonuclease III), the appABC operon, and other genes by modifying the affinity of RNA polymerase for the promoters.Product Details
- E. coli, Klebsiella, Salmonella, Serratia, Bordetella, and an unidentified protein at 60 kD.
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein
- Dried ascites
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Store lyophilized antibody at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
ELISA - Validated
FA - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. To reconstitute, add 100 µl of ddH2O to the tube containing antibody and mix to dissolve. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution is 1:1000 after reconstitution. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Previously item# W0009 from Neoclone.
Clone 1RS1 does not react with Shigella, Vibrio, Pseudomonas, Rhodobacter, Agrobacterium, Streptococcus, Arthobacter, or Borrelia. It recognizes epitope 33-256.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: functional assay.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nguyen LH, et al. 1993. Biochemistry 32:11112.
AB_2564522 (BioLegend Cat. No. 663703)
- Sigma S (σS) is a 38 kD transcription factor of E. coli RNA polymerase.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Gene ID
- 947210 View all products for this Gene ID 12933280 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Sigma S on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.