- Poly8402 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Beta-Secretase 1, Asp 2, Memapsin-2, App Beta-Secretase, Aspartyl Protease 2, Beta-Site App Cleaving Enzyme 1, Beta-Secretase 1 Precursor Variant 1, Transmembrane Aspartic Proteinase Asp2, Membrane-Associated Aspartic Protease 2, Amyloid Beta A4
Covance Catalog# PGP-624C
- Guinea Pig Polyclonal
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Processing of the β-amyloid precursor protein (βAPP) by two endopeptidases, β and γ secretases generates the amyloidogenic peptide Aβ, a major factor in the etiology of Alzheimers disease. The beta secretase is a novel membrane bound aspartyl protease and cleaves the βAPP to generate the N-terminus of the Aβ domain. The membrane bound C-terminal fragment generated by the beta secretase cut is subsequently cleaved by the gamma secretase resulting in the generation and secretion of the Aβ.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Guinea Pig
- GP45 was raised in guinea pig against a peptide sequence CLRQQHDDFADDISLLK , the C-terminal 17 amino acids of the human BACE1 and recognizes the mature and immature forms of BACE.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP, ICC, IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested dilution for this reagent is 1:1,000. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IP: 1:200
• IF: 1:300
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting, immunoprecipitation (IP) and immunofluorescence (IF).
Clone also known as GP45.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yan R, et al. 2001. J Biol Chem. 276:36788-96.
- Product Citations
AB_2565446 (BioLegend Cat. No. 840201)
|Anti-BACE1 (CO2 terminus)||Poly8402||WB,IP,ICC,IHC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.