- OKT3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- HCDM listed
- Other Names
- T3, CD3ε
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD3ε is a 20 kD chain of the CD3/T cell receptor (TCR) complex, which is composed of two CD3ε, one CD3γ, one CD3δ, one CD3ζ (CD247), and a T cell receptor (α/β or γ/δ) heterodimer. It is found on all mature T lymphocytes, NK T cells, and some thymocytes. CD3, also known as T3, is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily that plays a role in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The OKT3 monoclonal antibody reacts with an epitope on the epsilon-subunit within the human CD3 complex.
Clone OKT3 can block the binding of clones SK7 and UCHT1.4 The OKT3 antibody is able to induce T cell activation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections and activation of T cells. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 317304). For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 317326) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Knapp W. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press New York.
- Barclay N, et al. 1997. The Leucocyte Antigen Facts Book. Academic Press Inc. San Diego.
- Li B, et al. 2005. Immunology 116:487.
- Jeong HY, et al. 2008. J. Leuckocyte Biol. 83:755. PubMed
- Alter G, et al. 2008. J. Virol. 82:9668. PubMed
- Manevich-Mendelson E, et al. 2009. Blood 114:2344. PubMed
- Pinto JP, et al. 2010. Immunology. 130:217. PubMed
- Biggs MJ, et al. 2011. J. R. Soc. Interface. 8:1462. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563407 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317339)
AB_2563408 (BioLegend Cat. No. 317340)
- Ig superfamily, the subunits CD3γ, CD3δ, CD3ζ (CD247) and TCR (α/β or γ/δ) form the CD3/TCR complex, 20 kD
Mature T and NK T cells, thymocyte differentiation
- Antigen recognition, signal transduction, T cell activation
- Peptide antigen bound to MHC
- Cell Type
- NKT cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay N, et al. 1993. The Leucocyte FactsBook. Academic Press. San Diego.
- Beverly P, et al. 1981. Eur. J. Immunol. 11:329.
- Lanier L, et al. 1986. J. Immunol. 137:2501.
- Gene ID
- 916 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD3 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD3
FITC anti-human CD3
PE anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD3
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD3
APC anti-human CD3
Biotin anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD3
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD3
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD3
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD3
PerCP anti-human CD3
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD3
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD3
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD3
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD3
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD3
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD3 SF
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD3 Antibody
GMP Ultra-LEAF™ Biotin anti-human CD3 SF
Spark UV™ 387 anti-human CD3
Spark Red™ 718 anti-human CD3