- SMI 91 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CNPase, Cnp-1, Cnp1, 2',3'-cyclic-nucleotide 3'-phosphodiesterase
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
High CNPase expression is seen in myelin producing cells, including oligodendrocytes and Schwann cells. CNPase accounts for roughly 4% of the total myelin protein in the central nervous system (CNS). CNPase binds to tubulin heterodimers and plays a role in tubulin polymerization, and oligodendrocyte process outgrowth. The enzyme isolated from the mammalian brain is primarily a mixed dimer of approximately 94 kD. The dimer consists of a varied proportion of CNP1 (46 kD) and CNP2 (48 kD) subunits in various species. Since the enzyme is a myelin-associated enzyme, it is of considerable interest in the study of diseases and disorders in which myelin is affected, such as multiple sclerosis, subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, acquired immunodeficiency with CNS involvement, and peripheral neuropathies. The combination of clone SMI 91 with clone SMI 94 and/or clone SMI 99 is useful for immunocytochemical studies on the progression of normal and pathologic myelination.Product Details
- Human, Rat, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 647.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The reactivity of Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Myelin CNPase antibody was validated in FFPE mouse and rat brain tissue, and the HRP anti-Myelin CNPase antibody was validated in FFPE rat brain tissue.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunocytochemistry staining.2, 6, 8, 9
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Samanta J, et al. 2010. Stroke. 2:357-62. (IHC) PubMed
- Werner HB, et al. 2007. J. Neurosci. 27:7717-7730. (WB, ICC) PubMed
- Kim JY, et al. 2003. J. Neurosci. 23(13):5561-5571. (IHC)
- Sprinkle TJ, et al. 1989. Crit. Rev. Neurobiol. 4:235-301.
- Trolle C, et al. 2014. BMC Neurosci. 15:60. (IHC)
- Liyanage VR, et al. 2013. Mol. Autism 4:46. (ICC)
- Yu C, et al. 2008. Glia. 56:877. (WB)
- Ding BS, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8:e62150. (ICC)
- Johnson GC, et al. 2014. Pathol. 51:146. (IHC)
- Ferletta M, et al. 2011. Int. J. Cancer 129:45. (WB)
AB_2734604 (BioLegend Cat. No. 836407)
AB_2734605 (BioLegend Cat. No. 836408)
- Reacts with the 46 kD and 48 kD subunits of the 94 kD myelin CNPase dimer.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Enzymes and Regulators
- Gene ID
- 1267 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Myelin CNPase on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.