- 429 (MVCAM.A) (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- VCAM-1, INCAM-110
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD106 is a 110 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked transmembrane protein, also known as VCAM-1 and INCAM-110. It is constitutively expressed on bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid progenitors, splenic dendritic cells, activated endothelial cells, as well as some lymphocytes. CD106 expression can be upregulated on endothelial cells by inflammatory cytokines. CD106 is involved in adhesion and acts as a counter-receptor for VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin). The 429 antibody has been reported to partially block VCAM-1-mediated binding.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Mouse preadipose cell line PA6
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 647.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, 3-D IHC - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections, the suggested use is 2.5 - 10 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for other applications.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining2,3,5-7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections, blocking4,5,8 of ligand binding in vitro and in vivo, and immunoprecipitation1. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 105727 & 105728).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1995. J. Leukoc. Biol. 57:168. (IP)
- Koni PA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741. (IHC)
- Ishiyama N, et al. 1998. Pathobiology 66:274. (IHC)
- Kinashi T, et al. 1994. Blood Cells 20:25. (Block)
- Baron JL, et al. 1994. J. Clin. Invest. 93:1700. (Block IHC)
- Buck CA, et al. 1996. Cell Adhes. Commun. 4:69. (IHC)
- Hata H, et al. 2004. J. Clin. Invest. 114:582. (IHC)
- Meunier MC, et al. 2005. Nature Medicine 11:1222. (Block) PubMed
- Monnier J, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:956. PubMed
- Motohashi N, et al. 2013. J Cell Sci. 126:2678. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_493430 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105711)
AB_493429 (BioLegend Cat. No. 105712)
- Ig superfamily, 47 kD
Bone marrow stromal cells, myeloid progenitors, splenic dendritic cells, activated endothelial cells
- VLA-4 (α4/β1 integrin) and LPAM-1 (α4/β7 integrin)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Kinashi T, et al. 1995. J. Leukoc. Biol. 57:168.
3. Bevilacquea MP. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:767.
4. Koni PA, et al. 2001. J. Exp. Med. 193:741.
- Gene ID
- 22329 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD106 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.