- BL168 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin IL-17A, IL-17, Cytotoxic T lymphocyte-associated antigen 8 (CTLA-8)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 3 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-17A is the founding member of the IL-17 family, a group of six structurally related pro-inflammatory cytokines. IL-17A, secreted by activated CD4+ Th17 cell subpopulation, elicits multiple biological activities on a variety of cells including: the induction of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, and PGE2 production in epithelial, endothelial or fibroblasts; the enhancement of surface expression of ICAM-1 in fibroblasts; activation of NF-κB and costimulation of T cell proliferation. Recent studies demonstrated that, in mice, activated IL-17-secreting CD4+ helper T cells (Th17 cells) mediate an autoimmune arthritis that clinically and immunologically resembles rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Human IL-17A shows 63%, 63%, and 72% amino acid sequence identity to rat IL-17A, mouse IL-17A, and a protein encoded by the ORF13 gene of herpesvirus Saimiri (HVS), respectively.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human IL-17A
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 647.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The IL-17A antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Chuang HC, et al. 2014. Nat Commun. 5:4602. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_961389 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512309)
AB_961388 (BioLegend Cat. No. 512310)
- Cytokine; dimer; ~15 kD (Mammalian)
- Secretion of IL-6, IL-8, G-CSF, prostaglandin E2 by epithelial, endothelial or fibroblastic cells; stimulates cell migration, cord formation, and IL-6 secretion by stromal cells
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cell subpopulation
- Cell Targets
- Fibroblasts, epithelial and endothelial cells, stromal cells
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Hirota K, et al. 2007. J. Exp. Med. 204:41.
2. Furuzawa-Carballeda J, et al. 2007. Autoimmun. Rev. 6:169.
3. Witowski J, et al. 2007. Kidney Int. 71:514.
4. Gaffen SL, et al. 2006. Vitam. Horm. 74:255.
5. Hymowitz S, et al. 2001. EMBO J. 20:5332.
- Gene ID
- 3605 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-17A on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.