- RM3/1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, Hemoglobin/haptoglobin complex receptor, Macrophage-associated antigen, ED2(rat), Macrophage marker
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD163 is a member of the group B scavenger receptor cysteine-rich superfamily, also known as GHI/61, M130, RM3/1, p155, hemoglobin-haptoglobin complex receptor, or macrophage-associated antigen. It is a 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein primarily expressed on macrophages, Kuffer cells, monocytes, subset of dendritic cells, and a subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells. CD163 binds to haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex and TWEAK, and plays a role in clearing hemoglobin and regulating cytokine production by macrophages. Membrane CD163 can be cleaved by metalloproteinases (MMP), resulting in a soluble form. Elevated serum level of sCD163 has been implicated in many kinds of inflammation diseases.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human monocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633nm / 635nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone RM3/1 binds to domain 9 of CD163. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescence7.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Högger P, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:1883. (FC)
- Zwadlo G, et al. 1987. Exp. Cell Biol. 55:295. (FC)
- Buechler C, et al. 2000. J. Leukoc. Biol. 67:97. (FC)
- Puig-Kroger A, et al. 2009. Cancer Res. 69:9395. (FC) PubMed
- Madsen M, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:51561. (FC)
- Jones K, et al. 2013. Clin Cancer Res. 19:731. (FC) PubMed
- Stewart DA, et al. 2012. Mol. Cancer Res. 10:727. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_893268 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326507)
AB_893264 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326508)
- 134 kD (non-reduced)/155 kD (reduced) glycoprotein, Scavenger receptor superfamily
Monocytes, macrophages, Kuffer cells, subset of dendritic cells, subset of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells
- Clearance of haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, regulation of cytokine production by macrophages
- Haptoglobin-hemoglobin complex, TWEAK
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Roth J, et al. 1994. Transolantation. 57:127.
2. Van den Heuvel MM, et al.1999. J. Leukoc. Biol. 66:858.
3. Sulahian TH, et al. 2000. Cytokines 12:1312.
4. Fabriek BO, et al. 2007. J. Neuroimmunol. 187:179.
- Gene ID
- 9332 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD163 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD163 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC,ICC|
|PE anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|APC anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD163||RM3/1||FC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.