- 16B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HA epitope tag, HA1, HA2, hemagglutinin, Hemagglutinin HA1 chain, Hemagglutinin HA2 chain, YPYDVPDYA, Hemagglutinin tag
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HA tag (hemagglutinin) is an amino acid sequence derived from the human influenza hemagglutinin surface glycoprotein, corresponding to amino acids 98-106. It is commonly used as a tag to facilitate detection, isolation, and purification of proteins. The full amino acid sequence is: YPYDVPDYA.Product Details
- YPYDVPDYA Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Monoclonal antibody HA.11 was raised against the twelve amino acid peptide CYPYDVPDYASL.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 647.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IF - Quality tested
IP, WB, FC - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescence staining. For immunofluorescence microscopy, a concentration range of 0.1-10 μg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunofluorescence (IF), and immunoprecipitation (IP) of tagged proteins.
*Our Posi-Tag Control Protein (931301) can be used as a helpful positive control for this antibody.
This second-generation HA antibody is an excellent substitute for the 12CA5 monoclonal antibody. The HA.11 antibody recognizes the influenza hemagglutinin epitope (YPYDVPDYA) which has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. The extreme specificity of the antibody allows unambiguous identification and quantitative analysis of the tagged protein. The HA.11 antibody recognizes HA epitopes located in the middle of protein sequences as well as at the N- or C-terminus.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Helliwell SB, et al. 2001. J. Cell. Biol. 153:649. (WB)
- Bennett BD, et al. 2000. J. Biol. Chem. 275:37712. (IF, IP, WB)
- Collier JH, et al. 2006. Proc. Acad. Sci. USA 103:2021. (IF)
- Datler C, et al. 2013. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 12:2844. (FC)
- Kim JY, et al. 2003. J. Neurosci. 23:5561. (IP, WB)
- Product Citations
AB_2566616 (BioLegend Cat. No. 682404)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about HA.11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.