- clone 7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Prominin-1, AC133 Antigen, PROM1, PROML1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD133, also known as Prominin-1 and AC133 antigen, is a 120 kD pentaspan glycoprotein with 5 transmembrane domains. CD133 was initially described as a surface antigen specific for human hematopoietic stem cells and as a marker for murine neuroepithelial cells and some embryonic epithelia. Later on, CD133 was found on other stem cells, including endothelial progenitor cells, glioblastomas, neuronal, and glial stem cells. In addition to stem cells for normal tissue, CD133 was found on cancer cells, such as some leukemia cells and brain tumor cells. Although the biological function of CD133 is not completely understood, CD133 has been extensively used as a stem cell marker for normal and cancerous tissues.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant partial human CD133 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemistry staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5-10 μg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
This clone can block the staining of AC133 clone in flow cytometry.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Swaminathan SK, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. Methods 361:110.
AB_2716226 (BioLegend Cat. No. 372813)
AB_2716227 (BioLegend Cat. No. 372814)
- 120 kD pentaspan transmembrane glycoprotein.
Hematopoietic stem cells and progenitor cells, fetal liver cells, tissue specific stem cells or progenitor cells such as renal and prostate, a variety of tumor cells
- Cell Type
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Yin AH, et al. 1997. Blood. 90:5002.
- Miraglia S, et al. 1997. Blood. 90:5013.
- Bühring HJ, et al. 1999. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 872:25.
- Gene ID
- 8842 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD133 on UniProt.org
|APC anti-human CD133||clone 7||FC|
|PE anti-human CD133||clone 7||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD133||clone 7||FC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD133||clone 7||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD133||clone 7||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD133||clone 7||FC, IHC-P, WB|
|Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD133||clone 7||IHC-P|
|TotalSeq™-A0126 anti-human CD133||clone 7||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C0126 anti-human CD133||clone 7||PG|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.