- 16G5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- OSF-4, Osteoblast cadherin, OB-cadherin, CDH11, CDHOB, CAD11
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Cadherins are calcium-dependent cell adhesion proteins. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells. Cadherin 11 is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a type II (atypical) cadherin, based on its lack of a HAV cell adhesion recognition sequence that is specific to type I cadherins. The expression of this particular cadherin in osteoblastic cell lines along with its upregulation during differentiation suggests a specific function in bone development and maintenance. This cadherin is also expressed in some cancer cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant protein containing the extracellular cadherin domain 1 of Cadherin 11 fused to maltose binding protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 594 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 μg/ml is recommended. For immunohistochemical staining on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 594 has an excitation maximum of 590 nm, and a maximum emission of 617 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation.
AB_2571948 (BioLegend Cat. No. 368710)
- Type I single pass transmembrane glycoprotein.
Osteoblasts, neuroblasts, and some cancer cells.
- Cell adhesion.
- Cadherin 2 (CDH2).
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Wheelock MJ, Johnson KR. 2003. Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 19:207-35.
2. Christofori G, et al. 2003. EMBO. J. 22:2318.
3. Okazaki M, et al. 1994. J. Biol. Chem. 269:12092.
- Gene ID
- 1009 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Cadherin 11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.