- 16B12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HA epitope tag, HA1, HA2, hemagglutinin, Hemagglutinin HA1 chain, Hemagglutinin HA2 chain, YPYDVPDYA, Hemagglutinin tag
Covance Catalog# A594-101L
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HA tag (hemagglutinin) is an amino acid sequence derived from the human influenza hemagglutinin surface glycoprotein, corresponding to amino acids 98-106. It is commonly used as a tag to facilitate detection, isolation, and purification of proteins. The full amino acid sequence is: YPYDVPDYA.Product Details
- YPYDVPDYA Tag
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Monoclonal antibody HA.11 was raised against the twelve amino acid peptide, CYPYDVPDYASL.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 5mM Sodium Azide + 0.1% BSA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 2°C-8°C. Freezing temperatures will denature the product.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IF: 1:1,000
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective for use in immunofluorescence (IF).
This antibody was subsequently purified via a protein-G column and conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 594. Alexa Fluor® 594 is an excellent alternative to the Texas Red dye.
This second-generation HA antibody is an excellent substitute for the 12CA5 monoclonal antibody. HA.11 recognizes the influenza hemagglutinin epitope (YPYDVPDYA) which has been used extensively as a general epitope tag in expression vectors. The extreme specificity of the antibody allows unambiguous identification and quantitative analysis of the tagged protein. The HA.11 antibody recognizes HA epitopes located in the middle of protein sequences as well as at the N- or C-terminus.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- San-Segundo PA, Roeder GS. 2000. Mol Biol Cell. 11:3601.
- Kolodziej P, Young R. 1991. Meth Enzymol. 194:508.
- Field J, et al. 1988. Mol Cell Biol. 8:2159.
- Majeed SR, et al. 2014. Nat Commun. 23:5891. (IF) PubMed
- von Meyenn F, et al. 2013. Cell Metab.17:436. (IF)
- Product Citations
AB_2565073 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901511)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID
- View information about HA.11 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.