- H57-597 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TCR-β chain, TCR-β, β-TCR
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
T cell receptor (TCR) is a heterodimer consisting of an α and a β chain (TCR α/β) or a γ and a δ chain (TCR γ/δ). TCR-β is a member of the immunoglobulin superfamily and a component of the CD3/TCR complex (along with TCR-α). It is expressed on α/β TCR-bearing T cells and thymocytes. The CD3/TCR complex plays a key role in antigen recognition, signal transduction, and T cell activation.Product Details
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Affinity purified TCR from mouse DO-11.10 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 488.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
H57-597 is a hamster mAb directed to an epitope of the C region of TCR β chain12. The H57-597 antibody does not cross-react with γ/δ TCR-bearing T cells. Immobilized or soluble H57-597 antibody can activate α/β TCR-bearing T cells. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) for this antibody include: immunoprecipitation2, in vitro stimulation2,3, in vivo depletion4-6, and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections7,8,9. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 109214).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Gascoigne NJ. 1990. J. Biol. Chem. 265:9296.
- Kruisbeek A, et al. 1991. In Current Protocols in Immunology. pp. 3.12.1. (Costim IP)
- Davenport C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:3742. (Costim)
- Drobyski W, et al. 1996. Blood 87:5355. (Deplete)
- Kummer U, et al. 2001. Immunol. Lett. 75:153. (Deplete)
- van der Heyde HC, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 154:3985. (Deplete)
- Tomita K, et al. 1999. Genes Dev. 13:1203. (IHC)
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. (IHC)
- Ponomarev ED, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:39. (IHC)
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074245. (FC) PubMed
- Tsukumo S, et al. 2006. J.Immunol. 177:8365. (FC) PubMed
- Grégoire C, et al. 1991. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci USA 88:8077.
- Dosenovic P, et al. 2012. J Immunol. 188:6018. PubMed
- Georgoudaki A, et al. 2016. Cell Rep. 15: 2000-2011. PubMed
- Pageon S, et al. 2016. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 113: E5454 - E5463. PubMed
- Wagner V, et al. 2016. Sci Transl Med. 8: 366ra164. PubMed
AB_493345 (BioLegend Cat. No. 109216)
AB_493344 (BioLegend Cat. No. 109215)
- Ig superfamily, CD3/TCR complex with CD3 and TCR α subunit
Majority of T cells and thymocytes (correlated to differentiation)
- Antigen recognition, T cell activation
- Ligand Receptor
- Peptide bound-MHC class I and II
- Antigen References
1. Davis MM, et al. 1998. Ann. Rev. Immunol. 16:523.
2. Huppa JB, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4:749.
3. Kubo R, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 142:2736.
- Gene ID
- 21577 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR beta chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.