- GL7 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Ly77, T and B cell activation marker
- Rat IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 0 reviews
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The GL7 antigen, also known as Ly77, is a 35 kD protein. The GL7 antigen has an epitope containing non-sulfated α2-6-sialyl-LacNAc recognized by the GL7 antibody. The GL7 antigen is expressed by pre-B and immature B cells, activated T and B cells, and about 20% of TCR-bright thymocytes. It is upregulated on mouse splenocytes following activation. It may play a role in regulation or adhesion. GL7 high-expressing B cells show higher antibody production and antigen presenting capacity.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- LPS activated DBA/J mouse B cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 488 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Alexa Fluor® 488.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F - Validated
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 488 has a maximum emission of 519 nm when it is excited at 488 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
The GL7 antibody does not block the binding of CD22 with sulfated α2-6-sialyl-LacNAc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Laszlo G, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 150:5252. (FC, IP)
- Hartgring SA, et al. 2012. Arthritis Res. Ther. 14:R137. (FC)
- Taylor JJ, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:597. (FC, IHC)
- Balogh A, et al. 2010. Immunol. Lett. 130:89. (IHC)
- Kimura N, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:32200. (ELISA, FC)
- Sebastian M, et al. 2016. J Immunol. 196: 144 - 155. PubMed
- Yang Z, et al. 2017. Biomaterials. 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2017.04.035. PubMed
AB_2563284 (BioLegend Cat. No. 144611)
AB_2563285 (BioLegend Cat. No. 144612)
- 35 kD
Germinal center B cells, activated B and T cells
- Upregulated on activated B cells via in situ repression of CMP-Neu5Ac-hydroxylase
- Ligand Receptor
- Neu5Ac-recognizing lectins
- Antigen References
1. Laszlo G, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 150:5252.
2. Hathcock KS, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. 155:4575.
3. Cervenak K, et al. 2001. Immunol. Lett. 78:89.
- Gene ID
- View information about GL7 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.